Playing again with my Brother ScanNCut 650W, this time to see how to trace around a photograph. I’ve scanned stamped images before, but this time I’m using a photograph. Let’s see what happens!
- Brother Scan N Cut CM350 — older but BETTER
- Brother Scan N Cut DX SDX125 — quieter but NOT WORTH EXTRA COST
It seems like it was a lot of steps, but once you are more familiar with the menu on the ScanNCut machine and the software, it will get easier. Here’s the steps:
- On the ScanNCut, scan the photo you places on the mat, send to the Canvas software
- In the CanvasWorkspace software, press “New” project then “Image Trace” (little leaf image)
- Select from the Machine
- Preview playing with options of Outline vs Color, and options for Number of Colors
- Press Ok, confirm that Yes you want to paste the image to your mat
- You can manually create a line using Freehand Path (little pencil with line)
- Download back to the ScanNCut
- On the ScanNCut, go to Home and press Pattern, select from the CanvasSoftware
- Now cut, remember to not move your photo from the mat!