A subscriber asked about adding a shadow behind the text using her Cricut machine. Keep in mind this feature is only available in the Desktop version of Design Space. We hope it’s coming to the mobile app next. But for now, here’s how to use it!
Here are the steps to follow to add a shadow layer behind your text. See below for step-by-step screenshots or simply watch my video where I guide you through these simple steps!
- Insert images or text onto the canvas per usual
note: images need a closed path
- Select Offset from the top menu
note: you can use “Contour” to remove any bits you do not want
- Choose a distance from your text
note: the default is 0.25 inches
- Choose a corner style for your offset — rounded or angular
note: angular is a more jagged edge
- The “Weld Offset” is on by default when multiple objects are selected
note: welding is merging the cut lines to make one solid layer
- Select Apply to create the offset
note: repeat another layer to add more dimension