Our youngest is having a baby this fall. I decided to make these onesies for the baby shower gift. There are so many cute baby onesie ideas out there! See which two I picked to make using my Cricut Explore Air and Easy Press machines!
- Free Cricut Design Space
- Cricut Explore Air with 12×12 Sticky Mat
- Cardboard 6″ x 12″
- Cricut Easy Press or an Iron
- Cricut heat pad that reflects heat
Do not use ironing board or wool mat!
- Weeding Pick
- Iron-On Vinyl
- Create Image in Design Space
- Cut on Cricut Explore Air Machine
- Weed then iron onto Onesie using Cricut Press
- Place cardboard inside the onesie to protect the back of onesie.
- Select the desired font inside Design Space (you can filter to help search).
- Place the iron-on vinyl shiny side DOWN on the mat (the shiny side is the carrier or transfer sheet).
- Be sure to MIRROR or flip the image because we are cutting the back of the iron-on.
- Select Everyday Iron-On Material so that the machine will kiss-cut the image and not cut the carrier sheet).
- Cut then weed the image — be sure to double-check all the little inside pieces that you do not want to iron onto your onesie.
- Check the proper setting for your iron-on vinyl. I used Cricut and Hobby Lobby iron on at 340 degrees for 30 seconds. Different companies have different settings. Also, notice whether they want you to remove the carrier sheet when it is warm (Hobby Lobby/Paper Studio) or wait until it cools (Cricut).
Amazon Affiliate Links
Here are handy links to the products I used. If you use my links, I make a few pennies at no additional cost to you. Thank you!