Do you like shiny embellishments?! Then this may be the tool you need to make foil-covered sentiments and decorations. Heidi Swapp came out with a heat laminating machine called the “Minc” machine. Here’s how it works!
Minc machine vs inexpensive laminator
- Minc machine has temperature levels for better control
- Applies even pressure
- Warms up quickly (button turns green when ready)
- And the Minc is just plain cuter with better results!
- Full-size Minc Foil Transfer Machine (12″ wide) (~$100) Link
- Mini Minc (6″ wide) (~$50) Link
- See more product links below!
As I mentioned above, the machine has temperature levels for better control. Here is the chart from the Minc Owner’s Manual on those recommended settings from lightweight paper all the way up to chipboard:
Gina K Designs
Gina K Designs has a fabulous selection of foil and accessories. There is a foil pen (if you like your handwriting), toner sheets, and foil in many colors. There is even transfer gel that I have seen crafters use in stencils. I do not see the foil-mates that I purchases a few years ago. But you could print Happy Birthday using a Laserprint on cardstock for the same effect!
Amazon Affiliate Links
If you use my links, I receive a few cents at no additional cost to you. Thank you!