This was my first paying job as a Professional Organizer. I love to organize and it’s amazing to get paid for something you love to do. I believe it was easier for her daughter to listen to me than take advise from Mom!
The bedroom was full of childhood items — sports trophies, toys, jewelry, clothes, school papers, and stuff animals. She was a good age to help with the clean-up and ready to change her room into a teenager room.
Here’s how we tackled the job:
- I brought laundry baskets into the room and we loaded them we all the stuff.
- We pulled the baskets out of the room, and cleaned. We vacuumed, made the bed, dusted and cleaned the window.
- Next, we sorted thru the stuff in the baskets. She did a great job deciding what to bring back into the room.
- Trash was placed in trash bags. Clothes too small was placed in donate.
- Anything she didn’t want, we put into a box for Mom to sort thru, just in case there was something she wanted to keep.