Here’s a convenient idea to attach your power strip to the side of your desk. This allows for easy access for plugging in your crafting tools! I show you the tools you need and how to do it!
Can’t remember where I learned about this, but I’ve always had a power strip next to my desk. I hate crawling behind my desk to the outlets in the wall. I love that most power strips have these holes on the back of them for just this purpose!
You will need the following in order to do this project:
- Hammer and large nail
- Screw driver and two small screws that fit into the holes
- Power strip with holes on back
- Scrap paper, a marker and a push pin
Here’s how to attach to your Alex unit:
- Take the paper to the back of the power strip and mark the hole areas as two dots
- Put that paper on the side of your desk, pick a side convenient to the power outlet on the wall.
- Take a push pin and mark the two spots on the side of the Alex drawer unit
- Using the hammer, pound the nail partially into the Alex drawer unit to make pilot holes for the screws
- Using the screwdriver, screw in the two small screws
- Finally, attach the power strip onto the screws