Hey! Did you know we can use our Brother Scan N Cut to scan our 12×12 pages to make a safe back of our scrapbook albums? And recently, I took those scanned images and put them to music to share with family! Love that these movies can be shared across the miles!
Two Album Movies
Made two videos so far to share with family and friends. It was easy to create these movies, once I scanned the images using my Brother Scan N Cut. I scanned and cropped the pages, then simply imported into Filmora and added a little free music. Love how they turned out!
In summary, here are the quick and easy-to-follow scanning directions. Below you will find the screenshots that will show you each step in action.
- One by one, add a scrapbook page to the Brother Scan N Cut scanning mat
For Creative Memories pages, turn the page sideways into the scanning mat
You do not need to remove the protective page!
For top-loading pages, simply load them into the scanning mat
Be careful to line up with the sides of the mat
- Load the mat into Brother Scan N Cut
The scanning mat is not sticky, it is not made for cutting, and has a protective cover so your embellishments are not caught inside the scanner
- Press Scan, then the “Machine to Cloud” button
If your machine is not wireless, then press the “Scan to USB” option
There is an add-on wireless feature available
- Import into Canvas Workspace (display at 70%)
Click anywhere to unselect the image, the blue lines switch to dotted red lines
- Press “Print Screen” button on your keyboard
- Open MS Paint and press Paste
- Crop avoiding redlines
- Save with a good filename so images can be sorted in the correct order
Examples “2022.12.07 Birthday” or “2022CruisePg03”
- Back up your files somewhere! I use Snapfish but any photo-hosting site will work.
Many of you have asked questions, so I created an FAQs page with more information about this process. See 12×12 Scan FAQs.
- Import images into Filmora (set Photo Duration to 15)
- Add music, it contains many free files
- Export as MP4 with a descriptive name
- Upload to YouTube as an UNLISTED file to keep it private but shareable
Amazon Affiliate Links
If you use my affiliate links, I receive a few pennies commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!